Completely transparent waters make Son Bou a reference on the island. It is the largest beach in Menorca, close to 3 kilometres long.
Discover Cala Mitjana in Menorca
Cala Mitjana is a beautiful beach located in the south of Menorca, specifically near Cala Galdana. She is the older sister of her neighbour Cala Mitjaneta. Its turquoise waters shine along with its stunning cliffs populated with vegetation.
How to go to Cala Mitjana
To go to Cala Mitjana, you have two options.
- By car, there is parking on the Ferreries - Cala Galdana road; before reaching Cala Galdana, we have the parking on the left, just before arriving at the first roundabout of the urbanization. The parking is public, so we recommend in high season, arrive early to find a place. If the parking lot is complete, you can go from Cala Galdana on foot; it takes around 25 minutes by the Camí de Cavalls.
- By boat, in the urbanization of Cala Galdana, there are several boats renting companies that don't require any navigation license. They are 15 horses boats with a capacity for 4 or 5 people. We recommend going to Cala Mitjana by Boat to enjoy the views and the walk to the Cove even more.
- If you are going to spend the day, we recommend bringing food and water, as the beach does not have bars or restaurants; it is virgin.
- Go early in the morning, or mid-afternoon, in case we go in July or August. If possible, we recommend going in May, June or September to avoid overcrowding.
- If the beach is full of bathers, the best option is to walk to Cala Mitjaneta, about 10 minutes on foot.
- Wear a snorkel mask; there are some caves on the left of the beach, which are a luxury for scuba diving.